Perfect Wholly meal for lovers and leftovers.
The following may seem like a long "to-do" list for ONE dinner, but once you read through this recipe you will see it will be smooth sailing and well worth the full lovers' bellies or days of left-overs!
Gluten-Free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Dairy Free
2 cups uncooked quinoa and/or wild rice | my choice is to mix 1 cup of each of the two lovers!
2 1/2 cups of organic or homemade vegetable broth
6 colourful peppers | 'cept do not choose green peppers*
1/4 sweetest onion
2 cups Brussels sprouts
4 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp Canadian dripped maple syrup
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup seasame seeds
1/4 cup soaked walnuts | soak for 2 hours
1/4 cup hemp hearts
few shakes of sea salt
Method Of Love
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Cook your grains in vegetable broth. Set aside once cooked.
- Pour all of your nuts and seed ingredients into a bowl. Delicately pour 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tbsp of maple syrup into the nutty bowl and mix super well, coating the nuts and seeds with the sweet sweet liquid ingredients.
- Spread the nutty mix onto a cookie sheet and place into your oven for about 15 minutes to roast them just a smidge.
- While your nuts are roasting… Cut your sweet onion and place into a pan. With heat on med-low, tan up your onion in 1/2 tbsp avocado oil. Once browned to your liking, place them into the pot of cooked grains.
- Boil a pot of water and cut your Brussels sprouts in half. Once cut, put your Brussels sprouts in the boiling water for a quick soak. After 10 minutes boiling, strain your b-sprouts and put them into the bowl used for mixing your nuts. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of avocado oil and 1 tbsp maple syrup over the Brussels sprouts.
- Pull your nuts out of the oven and pour them into the pot of cooked grains. Place your Brussels sprouts onto the cookie sheet and put them into the oven on the lower shelf.
- Clean your peppers, cut off the tops and gut them. Stirring your pot of grains, nuts and onions one more time, scoop the joyful pot mixings into each of your six peppers.
- Place your now Stuffed with Love Peppers into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You can choose to use the pepper tops as lids in the oven, or else leave the pepps topless.
- Dress your plate, light your table candles, call your loves for dinner and enjoy.
*Green Peppers are gorgeous creatures, however not amazing for our tummies. This colour of pepper is known to bloat our bellies.
**You are welcome to add any meat protein or beans of choice to this entree. The nutrient count is high and mighty, but for those super hungry bellies, add what you choose!